Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jan 2008 07:48:50 -0800
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Craigslist 72 Bus

Just wanted to put this out there. Thanks, Michael 91GL 'Gringo'

1972 VW Deluxe Bus - $5000 --------------------------------- Reply to: sale-526949174@craigslist.org Date: 2008-01-03, 9:09AM CST

I've got a 1972 VW Transporter in very good shape and I'd be interested in a trade. The motor is a 2.0 Liter that came from a porsche 914, it's essentially the same as a type 4 Volkswagen motor but the piston heads are concave so they provide a bit higher compression. I'm told by the previous owner that it was rebuilt 200 miles before I got it and then parked for 9 years. I bought it in Atlanta and drove it to New Jersey, then to Austin via Atlanta. It's obviously running very well and it's my daily driver....very solid bus. I have more pix if you'd like to see them send me a message. I have had it since June of this year.

Do your research and you'll find that the following parts & work well exceed what I'm asking.

New Vanco tires commercial rated D tires New front end (including tie rods, drag link, steering damper, & torsion arms w/ball joints) New spark plugs Foam Engine Compartment Seal Front end aligned 3000 miles ago New front sway bar upgraded to 7/8" from 1/2" w/new bushings & clamps New shocks New battery Upgraded ignition to electronic Vacuum Advance distributor New weber carb on it when I got it, I changed the intake boots & cleaned the carb Paint job (not perfect, but it looks nice and a buff job is all it needs to finish it up) Rust inhibitor and bedliner on interior floor CHT gauge Rotary fuel pump New Muffler All rubber fuel lines have been replaced Master cylinder & New Brake Fluid Oil Changed every 1000 miles to keep it fresh Changed the tranny gear oil New CV Boots New Windshield & Seal New seals for all windows except driver door New passenger door seal Roof Rack

This item has been posted by-owner. Location: Wimberley it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 526949174

Thanks, Michael Sullivan