Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:50:27 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Craiglsit 77 Bus
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@yahoo.com>

I was at a meeting about two weeks ago where afterwards one of the other attendees came up to me and asked if I was the "VW bus guy (I was in my 83 westy)." I said yes, and he said that he had something I might like to see. When we left, he showed me his 74 white-over orange bus the bought for nine grand! It had 50,000 original miles on it. It was his first bus ever, he'd had it about six months and said he was next looking for a splittie. I can understand that those who grew up with these things would be fond of them and put money and care into them, but I never thought a newbie would buy in like that.

It was very nice, though, with just a little rust under the windshield rubber.

Jim