Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jan 2008 06:38:31 -0800
From:         Chad Lyles <chad.lyles@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Ignition switch #2 in 2 months

Morning all and happy new year,

another ignition switch went out on me... it happened the same way it did last time ... passenger side head lamp went out (low beam) a week before the ignition switch went out. i chenged the head lamps AND the switch less that 2 months ago and a week ago the same head lamp went out and now the ignition switch again... any ideas? is it something bigger than the ignition switch? i wouldnt be so hashed if it was cheap and only took a mintue to change out... but its 27$ for a switch and another 10$ for a head lamp and 45 minutes to do it all... and today was (supposed to be) my first day back to work after a 3 week vacation ... so you can see my frustration when i have to wake up at 415am and go out to the van a crank it up and have no head lights or windshield wipers or blowers.

thanks in advance Chad 84gl ...getting on my nerves.