Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:03:20 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Light, '85
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

It's like an instrument cluster or voltage stabilizer or ground issue I suspect - the dim oil pressure light. 'dim' btw does not 'mean anything' regarding the oil pressure. It's an on/off, yes or no warning light system. It is an electrical issue. Flickering however, would be an oil pressure issue. Yes, you can always 'T' and have both - idiot light and gauge. ( though I've had a FLAPS parts counter person tell me that wasn't possible, but believe it is, and it's what I put on subaru engine conversions. Nice to keep all functions functioning. ) I have one 1.9 wbxr engine out in use.............oil pressure light is always on at idle. Lately the guy told me the oil light was on anytime below 1,500 rpm ( ! ) .........i offered to put in 50W last time he was by, but he wasn't concerned ! ....... We're just about to put in a new freshened up 1.9 though. scott www.turbovans.com