Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:44:51 -0800
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      VANAGON SIGHTING - ESPANA

Over the holidays I used my military flight privileges and took the family to the south coast of Spain (eastern Costa Del Sol). We saw 4 vanagons: two westys, a passenger van and a doka. Nothing terribly remarkable, but only saw them in passing.

What was cool was seeing the VW Caddy up close. It is certainly no vanagon....more along the lines of a Honda Element, except with a lot more room.....and TDI!!! It would make a great run around town car and kid/dog mover. VW could sell a ton of them here if priced well. Just don't know what they are thinking, unless the diesel thing is a problem for them.

Also saw lots of what I assume to be T5 vans....both panel sided and passenger.

In case anyone is wondering, gas was 1.067 euro/liter. Which by my calculation works out to be a little over $6 USD/gallon. I was expecting worse. We had rented a Chevrolet Kalos, which the kids called the Umpa Lumpa car, and it was tiny (wife had to carry one bag on her lap....good sport), but it ran well with only 1948 KM on it. 120 KMPH fastest speed but no one seems to care.

Again if anyone is interested, the Costa Del Sol in the winter off-season is still very pretty; weather mostly partly cloudy to clear, with highs in the mid-60's. And all and all reasonably priced. Looks like Santa Barbara except a whole lot cheaper.

Cheers, Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo)

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.