Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:13:46 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Upper Control Arm Bushing Replacment?
Comments: To: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>

Thanks for saying this Jake. It bothered me too that someone would just dismiss the need for the tack welds with ' It's not going anywhere.' .........kinda wishful thinking. Obviously there's a reason it's done that way, and it is a critical item. < people think brakes are the most critical system on cars. They're not, the *steering* is and you sure don't want anything coming out of place in that system >

and your point about keeping the bearing surface be what it is supposed to be is right on. I mean, somebody could get killed with 'information' carelessly posted on the internet. If the guy didn't weld his say, and drove 70K miles with no problems, then he should say That, not just dismiss a critical item with those words 'it's not going anywhere.' I'm amazed how people justify taking shortcuts so easily.