Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:42:04 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fw: MSNBC.com Article: Tourists shun crime-hit Mexico beaches
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Benny:

Come to California and visit Yosemite. Watch Americans climb El Capitan. No, I don't agree with you Americans are afraid to die. No, Americans are not afraid of their neighbors. They are not afraid of their shadow. Just watch them climb the El Capitan. they say it's a 5000 ft granite vertical stone. Two Japanese died up there hanging in the middle two years ago. Park Service declared that they were dead because they did not move up (or down) for a whole day. You need a binocular or you most likely won't see them up there. One has to watch Americans climbing El Capitan to understand what is real gut and what is plain foolishness. Try to climb 100 ft yourself and make your conclusion again if Americans are afraid of dying.

No one said not to travel, or not to travel to Mexico. Do not make a wrong conclusion about Americans or the list members.

Study how Americans fought in Europe and in Asia. There were and are brave Americans. Look at how many of Americans died in Iraq for doing their jobs. Have you heard of something called M-1? M-1 is a riffle. It is also a helmet. I carried both for 2 years when I did my job when I was young. My enemies were less than 10 km away everyday and every night. Bombs exploded overhead every few days. One of them knocked down a tree only 10 meters from me one night. The next morning I realized that I was extremely lucky. If the tree weren't there it would have hit my bunk I slept on.

Yeah, Bush is not a very popular president. But I think he had done many things right despite he had done some things wrong. No, those military check points have nothing to do with him. Nor it has anything to do with Americans. It has everything to do with Mexicans who allow their president to rule with military power.

You are right about one thing. There are frigging good Americans. You can count on that.

Enjoy reading from the list.

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping