Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:48:11 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: bashing was: vanagon engine conversions
Comments: To: Vdub Guy <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>

Hi jeff, Well, where are you ? I could be interested in buying it, depending on location and condition.

But.........'you have no idea.' ...........first of all, you have a thousand more rpm to play with. It's a considerable step up. A good ...........maybe 40 % better. At least 30 % 'more.' More zip. And better fuel mileage too. Lots of work, I would guess for you do the conversions, and expense in conversion parts besides just the engine .......but the driving reward is just great. And the pride of accomplishment too. Very rewarding. I don't feel even a tiny bit like 'it's not a vw any more.' They're like stepping up to the new standard for vanagons, a more modern engine.

I think it's just stupid how giant new pick up trucks are, utterly dumb, burn lots of gas, very high lift level to the bed, and they are largely used as 'one person cars' really. Imagine how much fuel is wasted every day by those things hauling around just one person. Where I am, any regular 'mill worker type' male drives a huge pick up, like it was a one person commute car. Like that's the 'normal car' around here almost. Scott