Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:10:15 -0500
From:         John Dillon <johndillon@BELLNET.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fw: MSNBC.com Article: Tourists shun crime-hit Mexico beaches
Comments: To: Bernie <berniej@GMAIL.COM>

I love French Canadians .. I've worked as a tree planter on the west coast on planting crews where I was the only English speaking person in a crew of 10 to 15 French Canadians. What I like about French Canadians is the fact that they can be so blunt, honest, and intrepid ..

However, this guy is a pin head! How he thinks he can paint all American's as afraid of their own shadows reveals that he is every bit as narrow minded as the people he is rallying against. He is complaining about narrow mindedness by revealing his own narrow mindedness ... hmmmm.

I've been to Mexico many times .. on one occasion I was there traveling for 4 months. I traveled all over Southern Mexico from PV to Guanajuato, Mexico City, Vera Cruz .. all over the Yucatan etc.. I've also traveled around Europe, Turkey, the Greek Islands etc.. To say that you aren't more secure in Canada is plain stupid. I took a train once in the former Yugoslavia from Zagreb to Thessalonika (Greece). I was traveling with my girlfriend at the time and a 2 year old. At Belgrade the train stopped at 2:00 a.m. These people got on who were referred to as 'Gypsies'. They went from car to car coachette to coachette (sp?) trying doors and if they could get in they robbed the occupants. The authorities knew what was going on and looked the other way. Often they occupants of the coachettes would be gased prior to being robbed. Fortunately, I stayed awake and stood my ground so we were not robbed .. but many others were not so lucky. Has he ever been to Pakistan ... or Morocco ..

God save us from the self-righteous ... and I think I'll keep my buses and vanagon too.

jdd ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bernie" <berniej@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:28 AM Subject: Re: Fw: MSNBC.com Article: Tourists shun crime-hit Mexico beaches