Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:03:37 -0500
From:         mordo <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      [WetWesties] Inquiry - Source for E_Code Headlight Glass

On this topic, does anyone know if "ECE compliant" indicate E-code when referring to Hella headlights?

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> Date: Jan 13, 2008 3:17 PM Subject: Re: [WetWesties] Inquiry - Source for E_Code Headlight Glass To: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com

Larry This from Daryl at AATransaxle some time back:

OK List...Here are the secret Euro H4 type rectangular headlight

numbers...been kept a secret handed down thru the century...

255-941-105

255-941-106

Adjusters also needed - 2 each number (trust me on that one)

255 941 141 C

255 941 133

255 941 297

I just got the H4 plugs from my FLAPS and same with the Bulbs

A few monts ago there were 10 or so of each in the country and last week

there were only one side , but our local dealer (Campbell Nelson) is top

notch and will order and help with all the older stuff...I worked with one

of the parts guys 35 yrs ago at the dealer...

I also strongly suggest teh Van-Cafe headlight relay kit...It consists of 2

relays that clip onto the top of the fuse panel..top notch setup...the Go

Wes..setup is just one relay...

Daryl of AA Transaxle

Duvall, WA. (Seattle area)

1-877-377-0773 toll free

425-788-4070

aatransaxle.com

86 Syncro Westy WBXTurbo And Larry, get a FULL set of adjusters BEFORE ring to do the change over. Believe me, there is no way to reuse the old ones, at least not without tanelts I don't have.

On Jan 13, 2008 11:46 AM, Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com> wrote:

> Volks, > > Does anyone know of a current source for a E-Code Headlight kit (glass and > parking lights) for 87 Vanagon? > >

-- mordo 1990 Carat