Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:07:05 -0500
From:         Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 1989 Fog light wiring in harness?
Comments: To: Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>

I looked for the same thing a few years back and couldn't fine anything. I think that's because vwe didn't include any wiring for a fog light switch.

What I ended up doing was increasing the headlight power by adding relays like many on the list but added a 3rd relay for fog light. I put the relays outside the van in a sealed electrical plastic box behind the headlight then just ran one power wire to a small bus to feed the relays. all the rest of the needed wires are already outside the van as will be your fog light. You will need to add the extra wire for the switch to the dash. I did that through the boot for the radiator wires behind the driver side headlight.

Other idea on vans without AC is to use the spot for the 2nd speed relay, I think it's 53 but I'm guessing you have AC?

JFF