Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:04:42 -0800
From:         pepperd <heymrpep@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: hello fello vany lovers
Comments: To: holly worden <morgenswifeholly@YAHOO.COM>

if it is an 85 it is water, not air cooled if with original engine..

if the light is blinking add coolant immediately to the overflow and to the resevoir if necessary. if coolant is at the proper level IN BOTH TANKS, double check your waterpump/alternator belt...it might not be broken, but make sure it is not slipping..a loose belt might not drive the pump adequately enough to circulate the coolant.

good luck don p carolina ri

holly worden <morgenswifeholly@YAHOO.COM> wrote: my name is holly and i own an 85 vanagon air cooled manual.i LOVE her ...i just found another 85 but she is auto tranie can the moters be swithched?is every thing else the same?my manual that i drive now is not running so hot .....when i start her up her temp gadge goes past hot and the light flashes.she is only getting about 10 miles to a gallon....help.she is my everyday driver.I know she has a small oil leak.My hubby said a gasket.cant fix it cuz my back hatch is stuck shut.....used to open.My roller on my slider fell apart...amd this super nice guy sent me one but it was for a 84 or something and will not work.(if you could use it plz let me know) so all 4 of my kids go in the frount to the back.so all that wear on the little black mud flap in the step to the door ..the poor thing fell off. MAN I LOVE MY VANAGON.any ideas on some help....i can get this auto at a great deal but it was in an crash and only the right side of thfrount buy the blinker was messed up.can i take that off with out cutting it with a welder?i could just swithch frount ends.....maybe bolts. god bless and thanks for being the only group that understands my love.......holly

--------------------------------- Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

--------------------------------- Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.