Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:13:38 -0500
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: New VW/Chrysler Minivan Update

I don't know why everyone keeps beating VW up for trying to build a minivan. It's not going to just be a rebadged Dodge Caravan even though it will be built along side it. There will be lots of VW designs and parts going into it. Currently the VW lineup lacks a minivan and a reasonably priced mini SUV. They are getting the latter this spring I believe. The minivan comes out in the fall. The only thing I can fault them for is probably being too little too late. Nobody is really buying minivans like they used to. (OK, the name really sucks too). As for it being built by Chrysler, it's not like VW is the pinnacle of reliability these days, they are close to the bottom. Bring the T5 here from Europe you say? How does $50K for a minivan sound for you at today's exchange rates? VW only sold 5,000 Eurovans a year, we'll never see one of those here again on the dealer lots.

Me, I'm going to give them a chance and wait until I see it to judge it. I'm partially excited that I may have another VW van option to buy in the future one day when my Eurovan has run out of steam (and I'm applying the 32nd coat of POR to my 83 Westy).

Bryan