Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:04:53 -0500
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Fw: 1989 Fog light wiring in harness?

Your suggestion of installing a red LED bulb unit in the left side reverse light is exactly what I did about 4 years ago. To offset the reduced reverse lighting I put a higher wattage white bulb (I forget what wattage I used) in the right side. About a month ago, I watched as my son drove our '88 off into a pea souper. That little rear fog did exactly what was intended. I visually lost all of the other lights at least 15 seconds before finally losing the little rear fog light.

Good idea, if I do say so myself.

Gary '88 Tiico 5 spd.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pensioner" <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:52 PM Subject: Re: 1989 Fog light wiring in harness?