Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:00:31 -0800
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: INSURANCE

Jerry...great tip. I have asked repeatedly for my carrier, Amica, to provide full coverage, but no go. I have a 91GL and got a quote from American Modern for 6000k and full coverage for 143.00 month!!!! $4.00 deductible! Submitted the quote to them and waiting to hear back. Thanks again for the tip. FYI-stated the value of my vanagon as 5000.00 since I just recd an offer to buy for 3500.00. Thanks, Michael 91GL 'Gringo' in San Antonio.

Jerry Baker <jbvelo@BELLSOUTH.NET> wrote: There has been a lot of discussion concerning

insurance for Vanagons lately. I recently acquired

an insurance policy through "American Modern"

specialty insurance. They insure classic cars and

motor homes etc. There are mileage limits applied

to the policy but they also offer exceptions which

can be added to your policy.

http://www.amig.com/products/collector-car.html

I have an 88GL in excellent condition and I purchased

$7500 insurance policy with 3K mile limits which I

intend to upgrade. They also offer a 6K limit and "trip

allowance" which does not count against the mileage

total. My policy with the 3K limit is $152/yr. I intend to

change my policy to 6K with EXTRAS.

I don't know any history of the company but I guess

I'll find out how they do business.

Jerry Baker

88 GL KY

Thanks, Michael Sullivan