Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:18:04 -0500
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frankenshifter
Comments: To: Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>

Maybe the PO broke it and had it (poorly) welded back together. I bought a VW Fox for $100, that had a broken shifter shaft; right at the circlip groove above the detent spring. Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox. I used an all-thread stud and tapped threads into both sides of the shaft to attach it back together; no welding required and able to maintain that important circlip groove.........

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:51 PM Subject: Re: Frankenshifter