Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:03:23 -0500
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: parting out '82 diesel vanagon.. want to put a inline 4 gas
              or diesel in ur van?
Comments: To: Doug Alcock <doug.alcock@GMAIL.COM>

In Germany there seems to be a whole business going on shipping busses (and cars) abroad. Both whole VW T3's have become more expensive over the past decade. (Assuming comparable shape), and parts more rare.

Bringing a German car and registering it in Spain, or Italy is much easier nowdays than it was before EU broke up protectionistic national government rules.

Last year I was parts hunting for my Westy in Germany, and after driving around much of the Munich area I finally spotted two promising looking parts vans at a wrecker. I went in and was greeted by half a dozen guys from Africa. They were in Germany buying T3's and parts. Stuffed the vans full of them and shipped all back to Africa. Didn't want to sell anything to me.

Martin

Doug Alcock <doug.alcock@GMAIL.COM> wrote: I have an I4 (gas) in my 84 Westy --- using the parts below --- the mechanic who did it for me (now sadly retired) used to get the parts in Germany and told me that they were being cleaned out by Russian buyers and that he couldn't find them at a reasonable price anymore ---

--------------------------------- Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA