Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:38:46 -0800
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS: Vanagon "Transporter" Front "bench" seat and side
              windows/seals
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

Hi.

I've had some interest, but thanks for pointing out that it will fit a Westy. Making it a pick up only item limits my audience, but what you've made a helpful point.

I kinda figured it would fit the Westy seat tracks, but hadn't actually tried it. And making a reliable support for the seat back, doesn't look super hard. Too bad I don't have the time to remove the partition between the rear and front. It has the supports on it though I can't imagine someone going as "far" as installing it in their Westy! --- :^)

Also FYI, when the pics of the bench or glass/seals are gone from this web page:

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/benchseatandsidewindowsfs

then they're sold.

Thanks for the help Chris,

Neil.

On Jan 25, 2008 8:19 AM, <JordanVw@aol.com> wrote: > fyi people, that front 2 person bench seat will fit in a westy or any other > vanagon, in place of your single person front passengers side seat..(the 2 > person front bench seat uses the same tracks as the single person passenger > side capt. chair) you just have to make a bracket so the seatback is > supported. ie, with that seat, you can now fit 5 people in your westy. > chris gronski of canada has done the above in his westy.. > > > if neil re-worded his post he might actually get someone to buy it :<) > > and its shippable..ive shipped a few of these before. fedex takes them. > > > chris > > > In a message dated 1/24/08 7:30:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, > musomuso@GMAIL.COM writes: > > > > These are for a 1985 "Transporter" model Vanagon. > > - both side windows with seals > > - Black/grey bench type front seat. > > Pics; > > http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/benchseatandsidewindowsfs > > The bench seat has no back cover. Don't know if it came with one from > the factory. > > The hardware that secures the upper part of bench to the partition > behind seats, is missing. There are tears at the upper passenger side > of the seat. As I looked at the pic of bench seating area, I could see > what looks like a stain. Didn't notice it when eyeballing it in my > dark basement, but it's obviously there. Seat covers anyone? The spots > are moisture on camera lens. > > No cracks in the side windows. Close up of seals shows overall > condition. I do not know if they leaked but likely not. > > Make me a reasonable offer. Pick up only sorry --- :^) > > They are located in West Vancouver B.C. > > If I don't see any action here in the next few days, they'll be on CL > Vancouver. > > Thanks, > > Neil. > -- > > > > > > ************** > Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music. > > (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548)

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco" http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

Engine swap beginings: http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/