Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:34:24 -0500
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mud flaps
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>

I have a full set of SA mudflaps on my '87 Westy. They only have painted logos on the rears. The logos are there on the fronts too, just not painted white. I didn't like the hokey clips that came with the set. They would NOT hold these expensive items well enough that I would have felt secure enough to drive it down the street. without losing them somewhere along the way. I more permanently attached mine by using 4 or 5 self-drilling, self-tapping small screws to hold each, in addition to the rear supports that clip to the frame. Now I don't worry about losing them, just about the possible rust due to drilling holes. But then again mine has a little rust here and there already, so what's the harm? BTW, I did remove my Westy propane tank mudflap that was ready to fall of due to bad grommets (or whatever they were), and stuck it the cabinet for future(?) use.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Buese" <tombuese@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 1:36 PM Subject: Re: Mud flaps