Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:35:48 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: FS: "rare" TAN capt chairs w/ ADJUSTABLE armrests... fit all
              westys or vans
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Chris, I agree that these are desirable and rare, especially in excellent condition. That should all be reflected in the price so ask whatever you think they are worth. I simply would ask that if you post a specific item for sale as a standalone topic like you did, it is only reasonable to give a price. Posts that are based explicitly on items for sale should have location, shipping options, and price! Mentioning an item for sale as part of some other thread is another matter.

If I was local I would come see them and perhaps buy them if they were nearly perfect. I can buy Vanagon seats for less than you are asking but it has been a long time since I saw any real nice ones of that exact model, 87 Tan. One year only for that color and armrest style, last year for that color period. The grey ones are dime a dozen in comparison.

Mark

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote: > tom, mark, et al, i put "p-mail me if your interested" for those who are > actually interested in the item that i posted, they would email me to inquire > about it... > > others that like to simply balk at one's asking price (such as some > individual in the bay area california , no, not you mark, your in SoCal and your a good > guy in my book!) and, no not Jeff either, he is also a good guy (and often > times he has parts alot cheaper than me, since he has access to more vanagons) > in the past when i have posted things they fire back with "oh i can get those > all day long at my local junkyard for 5 dollars each" or some other nonsense.. > (some of you may know who i am talking about, but enough about that) > > anyway, i digress. > > to answer your question, i am asking $275 for the pair. > i usually sell the grey or blue ones for @ $200 for the pair (depending on > cond) but everyone here knows the tan ones are more desireable as an upgrade > for the earlier 80-84 vanagon westys. i think its a fair price for something > thats hard to find (one year only) and is in excellent shape. no burn holes. > no wear. clean. > > this is the east coast.. we dont have a plethora of vanagons here. somehow > i always feel like i have to defend myself against the peanut gallery whenever > i post something here.. > > if you think i am out of line, this is what the capt chairs usually sell for, > between $150 and $250 a pair, and if you follow samba and you can see what > im talking about. > > if you dont like the price, simply delete this post. > > and scott, im in southeast pa. i can ship the pair of these to the west > coast reasonably too, fedex will take them ground. > > rant mode off! > > > > ************** > Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music. > > (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025 > 48) >