Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:18:46 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: "rare" TAN capt chairs w/ ADJUSTABLE armrests... fit all
              westys or vans
Comments: To: BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>

On that ad on the 80 Westy- I like that - "It is what it is." For about 500 bucks ( 1,250 seems way high to me for a near dead 80 westy, with rust...........oh.....and 'new wiper blades' - hot Shazam ! ....lol ) ..........but way high I think. But the westy parts, The DK trans if it's good - all valuable. And I 'suppose' if someone wanted to get into a ratty air cooled westy for a grand and get it going it could be worth that, sort of .. But seems like a lot to ask for it. I'd advise the guy if he can get 500, take it.

Parts wise, one problem for a lot of people is no place to keep an extra or parts donor vanagon. But if you've got that, and the price is right .............. I'm even getting one free, ( air cooled westy ) no rust I don't think, sans engine and trans, but for the westy stuff...........fine deal. Scott Not on the Rust Coast - lol ;-) -----Original Message----- From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of BJ Feddish Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 4:18 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: "rare" TAN capt chairs w/ ADJUSTABLE armrests... fit all westys or vans

I run Non-Westy '87 Seats in my 84 and yes they are a bit taller, but like Mark, it's not an issue with me either.

For those who don't know - Chris Turner is in Allentown, PA.

It's always the case that the west coast owners need the stuff and it's all sitting in some Amish "burg" back east. Such is the way of life ;-)

>> It's always the case that the west coast owners need the stuff and it's all sitting in some Amish "burg" back east. Such is the way of life ;-) <<

Yeah but if you west coaster's need a part you can just buy a "new" used van in pristine condition from one of the 1000's available for sale.

Here is "The Van" available within 200 miles of us right now:

http://tinyurl.com/33z57f

scary isn't it?

;) ;) 8^)

Bryan