Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:19:43 -0800
From:         Philip Zimmerman <philzimm1@OBERON.ARK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mud flaps

-----------Original Post-------- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:34:26 -0900 From: Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET> Subject: Mud flaps

Hi folks. Is $139 a decent price for 4? Any experiences good or bad? ---------------------------- From: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

They aren't rubber..... They were a lot less than 139.00........ -------------------------------- From: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>

They installed one mud flap to protect the propane tank. ---------------------------------- dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM writes

Thanks for reminding me that it needs one to protect it. ----------------------------------

On Jan 25, 2008, at 11:12 AM, The Bus Depot wrote:

they should hold up great. I had them on my Vanagon for nearly 10 years before the tree crushed it and they still looked like new. --------------------------------- From: "Tom Buese" <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>

Mr. BZ- want to get the 4th flap, but it appears you have to buy a pair for $80 +-. -------------------------------- From: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

They were a pain to put on in July. Impossible in early January. ---------------------------------- From: JordanVw@AOL.COM

who else can say they have almost $400 in mudflaps on their van? lol --------------------------- From: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

It's a money pit that has no bottom. ---------------------------------------- From: Phil Z. <philzimm1@Oberon.Ark.Com>

Gads, I love Fryedays and Mud Flaps! Where's Unca Joe and that guy Pensioner chiming-in on this thread?

Yeah, I got four of them genuine VAG-OEM's on mine. Holy-Crap, $400+ USA Dollars to protect that friggen Propane Tank, make my ride look cool and protect her from Trees and Ka-Kah! So Chris, you aint alone in the wack-o department. Count me in!

I gotta wonder Ron, if your ride had VAG-OEM's instead of SA ones, would your ride been protected from that HUGE tree? Naugh, stoopid of me to even think this way... man, I'm so sorry for your loss, I'd still be crying. But wait, doesn't Mr Buzee want just one? Sell him one and your well-on your way to Vanagon-recovery!

So, for advice to Troy? Mud Flaps are gonna cost you and your ride a bundle no matter what! Anywhere from $80 bucks a pair to through the Stratosphere of $400 for the full-meal-deal. Choose wisely, only install em in July. Your choice: Rubber (OEM) or Plastic (SA), suggest you p-mail Ron and have a long discussion on the inherent risks evolved with each type of Mud Flap. That's my stoorie and I'm sticken too it!

regards

Phil Z. '87 Westie (with four MF) Campbell River, BC -----------------------------