Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:34:26 -0800
From:         Chad Lyles <chad.lyles@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Middle seat again
Comments: To: Mike Collum <collum@verizon.net>

hi all,

i am the one that gave Brendon the middle seat... and i hate to answer for him but the middle seat did NOT have the tilt forward feature on it (rather i couldnt find away to fold them over) which is, in part, why i had no real use for the middle seat... it was more of a hassle taking it in and out.... and as you have all heard my moaning and groaning about this subject of rear bed seat and the lack there of in my 84GL...i would have never even thought about that...

Brendon, it looks like my mutt (Hoppy) impregnated your thoroughbred! (Totoro) haha (figuratively speaking) Hop-a-long + Totoro = no folding z-bed AND middle seat.

Chad~ 84GL ps. NO TAKE BACKS! haha jk

On 1/22/08, Mike Collum <collum@verizon.net> wrote: > Did you get the middle seat with backs that fold forward or a middle > seat with fixed seatbacks? > > Mike > > > > Brendan Slevin wrote: > > Sorry to hijack this thread, but. . . > > > > I have a wonderful 84 gl wolfsburg with the rear seat/bed (is this a > > "z" bed?). I got a middle seat, thanks Chad, and installed it on the > > existing rails. It looks like Totoro had a middle seat at one time > > but it was not there when I came into the van's life. My question is: > > is it normal that the rear bed will not fold out completely flat with > > the middle seat in. I have tried every thing and cannot for the life > > of me figure it out. No middle seat=no problem. Middle seat= no comy > > flat bed. > > > > Janet, if you have a folding rear seat/bed, when you get your middle > > seat installed, could you let me know if it folds with the middle seat > > in? Thanks! > > > > Brendan > > 84 GL Totoro > > > > > > > > On 1/21/08, Janet Sanford <sanfordchef@cox.net> wrote: > >> Okay this time I hope no typos and thanks for all the great replies. > >> > >> there is a board or should I say sheet of wood on the floor, then rubber > >> over. I assume from the replies that they took out the rails. There are > >> holes in the floor and the owners just bolted the seat with 4 bolts. > >> > >> so I need the rails installed. > >> > >> Janet Sanford > >> > > >

-- Chad~ 84gl "Hop-a-long"