Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:08:04 -0500
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Brrr 2008
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

Hi, Craig!

Sorry you will miss us this year. Aim that Vanagon at Bus Benefit in May and we will see you in Grand Rapids at Grand Rogue Campground! We'll drink a toast around the fire for ya!

PS. You might want to think about a name for that '85GL - it seems to make them run better...

-- Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "Joe's Van" WWW. Busesbythebeach.com

On 1/21/08, craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com> wrote: > > Well Gentelman.....I have some bad news. > I'm going to just come out and say it.....My bus won't be at Bus > Brrr.....and i might not be either. > > Some problems have arisen and after a thorough shakedown by some vanagon > experts, we have concluded my car needs alot of love, including a new engine > and clutch (Well, new head gaskets and at least one new head, and some Fuel > injection parts....but a whole engine is simpler) The coolant pipes have not > been installed yet, and it turns out my brakes suck.....i just assumed that > was normal....but it turns out mine REALLY suck. > Furthermore, without a bus to arrive in, my brother and friends have far > less interest in going. We'll see. Theres a chance we'll still be arriving > in our classic mercedes or volvo wagen.....and hopefully i'll still get to > meet all you guys which i must say, i've looked forward to for quite some > time. But, it looks like that might not happen....at least not this time. > There's so much going on with school (College) and what not, that these > repairs simply will not be made in time. > There's even consideration of selling the van and starting from scratch. > > I hope all is well with all of you, and i'm sure that the day will come > when i can buy you all a beer and serve you all a sandwich, but untill > then.....we're all in this together. > > -Craig Cowan > '85Gl > > > On Jan 7, 2008 11:20 PM, Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com> wrote: > > > OK, That's it now I'm really starting to regret my decision. > > > > Roger, I like your style. > > > > > > On Jan 7, 2008 5:37 PM, Peter T. Owsianowski <pnoceanwesty@gmail.com> > > wrote: > > > > > Aye, we're talkin' Scots Whiskey, laddie! > > > > > > Pete > > > '79 Westy "Aardvark" > > > '87 Westy "Joe's Van" > > > WWW. Busesbythebeach.com <http://busesbythebeach.com/> > > > > > > > > > On 1/7/08, Roger Van Till <rvantill@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > > > > > > > > Mary and I are not snowboarding or doing anything more strenuous > > > > than > > > > sitting on our asses and driving The Moose Lounge down to Indiana. > > > > When we get there we'll crank up the heater, commence to drinkin', > > > > and > > > > visit with the hardiest bus pilots we know. > > > > > > > > See ya there! > > > > > > > > On Jan 6, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Brien Dews wrote: > > > > > > > > > Sara and I and the kids are going snowboarding at Bittersweet near > > > > > > > > > Kalamazoo in the morning then heading to the Brr in the afternoon > > > > in > > > > > Bluestar. Brown Betty will not make the trip this year. > > > > > B- > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Thanks, > > > > Jeff > > '90 Carat (Grover) > > '86 (We call this one Parts) > > '85 GL (Preparing to move to a new Home) > > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus > > > >