Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:00:46 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: 2.4 WBX longblock Go westy style
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>

It's a longblock.

Not that i would critic such a piece of art but beware!

Here is a short story, me, Hans and Frank.c fixed a van (a 91) badly in shape in La Manzanilla (Mexico). The van was pooring smoke (not all the time) and had an heavy fuel consumption, after some wile frank found a few things wrong (even if from far away i was screaming "Fuel reg"), still, they change the cooked plugs, wires (done also) and i found one dead injectors and one weak one. We change those and something else, i don't remember. Then went for a ride and it seem better... when they came back, smoke came back again... i call Jonathan and ask him to borrow his feul pressure tester. I was right since the beginning, the regulator was cooked also (and the rest of the parts also). We installed a spare one that Frank had and all the trouble where gone. This van was in poor shape mechanically. With all those different problems, the oil had over 2 quarts of fuel in it, and this one had been change a week or so ago. Fuel and oil don't get along too much.

My point! Well, if you put 6k$ on a long block, put another 1 to 2k$ on the injection system, and another 1 k$ on the cooling system on don't brag when the engine blows up or only last 30k mile. Again, that stock engine is good! it's what's around that it's killing it!!!

For that amount, i would go for more power and better reliability (Vanaru, ZTEC or VW Diesel).

Ben (still in Mexico) http://www.benplace.com