Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:22:24 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FRYDAY - Benefit Concert

Ok so it's Friday and I wanted to post this for any of you who are in or might be in the Dallas, TX area on March 2nd.

Just before Christmas one of my very good friends, Jeff "Ffroe" Roe passed away. He and I met when I was 14 and we have been friends for 20 years. I can't even begin to explain the friendship we shared - there were 4 of us and we were inseparable all through high school. The four of us all had a love of music and started our first band together at the ripe ages of 15 and 16. We weren't good but we wrote our own stuff and are still proud of most of it. It kept all of us out of a lot of trouble too.

As time went on he made his mark in this world as the manager of many bands - starting in the Denton, TX area and eventually expanding to bands all over the US and Canada. His biggest success was the band Bowling for Soup. He helped get them signed to Jive Records and in 2003 BFS was nominated for a Grammy. It was a proud day.

So long story short Bowling for Soup, The Feds, and some of the other bands Jeff had managed and performed with are having a Benefit Concert on March 2nd in Dallas. The details can be found here: www.hudsonroe.com All proceeds are going to be put in trust for his 2 year old daughter Hudson.

So if you like music of different varieties (Pop Punk, Rock, Funk, etc.), will be in the area, and are so inclined I'm sure the show will be worth every bit of the $15 admission price.

Sorry to bring such a personal thing to the list - but it is Friday, it sounds like a great time, is for a good cause, and is a fitting tribute to my very missed friend.

Thanks for bearing with me.

-- Thanks,

Jeff '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '85 GL (Preparing to move to a new Home) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus