Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:15:12 -0800
From:         Zoltan Kuthy <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Major Oil Leak!
Comments: To: eunrau@YAHOO.CA

I have seen the rubber seal that comes with the oil filter get stuck on and the new filter with its seal was put on and started leaking later. Not impossible, you had the same problem, but usually the trouble is with the seal behind the cooler. For that, the cooler has to come off. You will see, that it is not an easy fix that way because the little hoses would need to be taken off, if I remember right. But making the cooler nut tighter, often fixes the problem. Probably the seal is a little too hard now and it has lost some of its flexibility. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Unrau" <eunrau@YAHOO.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 12:29 PM Subject: Re: Major Oil Leak!