Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:34:48 -0800
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: I've had enough
Comments: To: ray berthiaume <jettaray301@YAHOO.COM>

Try searching the archives for Stebbins and Carb or Stebbins and Weber (best to use google and put Site:vanagon.com after the search terms). I have a complete REAL VW 2.1L European Carb intake manifold and adapter plate, and NEW Weber DFAV and jet kit that I'm about to sell. it's for a 2.1L van. I ran this exact set-up on my 1991 Sycro westy and I loved it. I'd change over my Dehler van, but I'm soon going Diesel. P-mail me if you want to start a conversation. Oh yes, you'll need a "009" bug distrubutor and then you have a "one wire engine" Malcolm (Halifax NS)

----- Original Message ---- From: ray berthiaume <jettaray301@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2008 11:03:57 AM Subject: I've had enough

I've had enough of messing with the FI in my 81 L, so (purists look away) I'm putting a Weber progressive in it. I need this thing to run, so I can drive it and take care of family things. It was either spend 600 on parts for it that I'm not sure is causing the problem, or get this kit for 350 and I know it will run. Luckily, it's old enough now that it won't have to pass emissions in this state (MA). My family and I have been without a vehicle since August when we were rear ended in my 97 Jetta Trek. I love Vw's and wanted another one, but the Jetta seemed too small after being upside down in it, hanging by the seatbelt, and hearing my family screaming. I got half of the worth of my Jetta from the ins co ( 1 1/2 mo later), so I wasn't able to get a nice newer vehicle (the bills didn't stop either). The Vanagon looked nice and big and safe, if a bit slow. Yes, I was a bit hasty when I got this van, it wasn't running at the time, but I've been helping my friend out w his 64 Beetle whenever he was working on it. Didn't think the van would be all that much trouble but I didn't give up on it. I'm giving up on the hokey 20 something year old FI. I'm going old school air cooled with a carb and a few wires. At least it will run, and will be easy to trouble shoot, since I am my own mechanic. All the FI is now in a box for safe keeping. BTW I have nearly new parts (hardly even used, with boxes) FS, one Bosch 11 pin non calif dual relay and a Bosch fuel pump. Thanks for the ears, can't wait to be vanning (soon).

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping