Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:56:10 -0800
From:         "dhanson@gorge.net" <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Desert westie sightings..

Winter must be getting to some of the northern Vanagon folks because there seem to be a lot more of them passing through my location (the low desert east of San Deigo) lately. Saw a nice pale yellow westie from Washington state in the center of Borrego and a burgandy one with two mt. bikes on back has been around the location for a few days from Alaska. Weekends, I see some California ones, but not many...must be too 'de-class-ay" for Californians, who seem to spend a good portion of their income on motor vehicles. Caught a glimpse of a pretty tricked Syncro about a week ago, but again, probably not 'cool' enough for most Californians.. Those regular small Jeeps seem to be pretty big around here...on Sundays I see what must be Jeep clubs passing through...some times up to 30 of them all in a line...Hardly Davidsons do the same...Que up and follow each other in a parade formation, in groups of up to 50...What a racket they make! My 84 is treating me very good lately...no dangling motors or anything. People in town call it a "hippie bus".. Don Hanson