Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:10:23 -0800
From:         Robyn Lundstrom <robyn@TRAINWIRE.COM>
Subject:      Re: LED taillights WAS: Re: repost optional bulb sizes/wattages?
Comments: To: Jaap Nauta <bus.mail@IAE.NL>

Yes, but not in a Vanagon. I have a red 1157 replacement of this type in my motorcycle taillight.

I have no math to back this up (and I'm not really sure a lot of the numbers apply when comparing a red/yellow/whatever LED to a colour-filtered white incandescent), but these units *rock*. It is actually brighter than the stock bulb I had in it, to the point of being a bit painful to look at straight on from 5' away. It diffuses nicely in the stock housing, and looks identical to the stock bulb from the different angles.

They are a bit expensive, though. I want to outfit my Westy with them, but there are bigger fish to fry first.

Robyn