Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:07:15 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: LED taillights WAS: Re: repost optional bulb sizes/wattages?
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>

You're right, tail lights or brake lights inside the rear window would be technically illegal, probably. I would do it because it would attract attention from cops, and I want to look very ordinary and stock and normal and all legal, so as to not attract attention.

There's another factor - if you've ever been driving at night and started to come up on a station wagon or van with the tail lights going up the whole rear upper corner............from a long way off it's hard to get a good bead on what it is, we get so used to see 'tail lights down there, with license plate between' ..........on 'most' vehicles.

I do like the idea of brighter than stock tail lights though. There is also room in there to make two rear bulbs on each side. There's an un-used socket behind a red portion of the lens I believe on both sides. We could have two tail light bulbs on each side. I've never bothered to do, but I doubt it would be that hard, and it would give redundancy to each side for tail light function. Scot turbovans