Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:54:52 -0800
From:         Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: SMOG TEST failure
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

My .02 cents is that for the last several years I have tuned up our vans prior to smogging, including oil change; last year I had to buy a new cat for the syncro. My son had to buy a new gas cap for the Wolfsburg this year. Our mechanic also recommended running the van (i.e. driving around) for at least 30 minutes prior to the test and remember that for some reason it seems to take a while for Vanagons to get fully hot. Both are 1987s. I can't remember which year but recently my syncro was not timed correctly either as Scott pointed out. I figure with the age of our vans you can't be too careful and also I am in a Smog Check II district which means I have to go to a test only station too.

Good luck, Donna