Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:18:16 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC - MS vs Mac
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@yahoo.com>

Another beautiful feature of a mac is that when a new operating system comes out (Like Leopard, the newest version of OSX that just came out a little while back), you can install it without erasing everything. I know you can "upgrade" from windows 2000 to Xp or XP to Vista using the upgrade feature, but that tends to corrupt alot of stuff, and many of your programs newer versions will not be as compatible as they should be. With OSX, i got the new Operating System and installed it in an hour......and EVERYTHING worked perfectly.

I had a recent scare where i was unable to log in to my mac. I was concerned that i'd lose all my stuff (except what i have backed up on my external harddrive using "Time Machine", an OSX integrated program that makes backing up EASY!). It turns out it was a temporary hardware glitch associated with a software upgrade on the mac OS......but it was a very real scare. The solution presented itself as two options: I could try to get on using a safe mode thats built into OSX (Simple to activate, you just push one button!), or assuming i was completely screwed.....i could activate a means of letting the operating system search and repair itsself without loosing any data. I know these features are "supposed" to exist in the windows OS's......but i've never gotten them to actually work....

If you want a computer that wont fall apart and is very much impervious to spyware and viruses, Go mac, you wont go back!

-Craig '85Gl