Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:48:33 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@WHISPLLC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear Cushion over Engine
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@yahoo.com>

Hi Mike where are you located what state? I can see what Ive got in stock. I do have some large extra wide pcs for campers upstairs. But I saw some others posting having the cover and all. Do you have the cover and just need the foam? Im just not sure what you have and what you need. I may have some foam but I only purchase as I need it since it is Very expensive to just have it lay around. It is a Petroleum product and everytime fuel prices go up so does the foam. Always something. C-ya Jonce

Thanks, Jonce... I remembered that you were the go-to guy for this. Back measures approx 57 by 34(might need a smidge larger. Was quoted about 100- 150 complete at one shop near me and don't want to spend that kind of jack. Will be calling a foam factory in town later today. Will let you know. Thx, again. Michael.

Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@whispllc.com> wrote: Hi Michael I can Help but you should be able to find a Local Upholstery shop that can get it for you. Ask them for a FR 2235 foam or if you like it firm go to a 2240 or 2245. 2235 is fantastic to sleep on and has a very good wear life without breaking the bank. Recommended if you are in the weight class of 180 to 210 pounds. use the firmer if your larger and you will be a happy camper. FR is for Fire Retardant that will pass most bedding and MVSS302 automotive burn certs. BUT ALL foam BURNS it is a petroleum based product. The poster we have in my foam area states. If foam catches on fire do not extinguish. EVACUATE!! The toxins in the foam will kill you way before the flame. Tell the shop you want it not glued together and in 1 solid pc. If they dont know what your talking about with 2235 or if they have something close to 22 (2.2) that is fine But dont go below 2.0 it wont last as long as you may want. BTW 35 is the firmness. Hope this helps. If you want give my shop a call and I will figure a price for you just give me the thickness width and length and I will see what I can come up with. C-ya Jonce

>Trying to replace the rear cushion and may contact Jonce, but looking for the foam to possibly do myself. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or a spare to sell? Thought about buying a baby mattress and just using that. Ideas? > Thanks, Michael.

>Thanks, Michael Sullivan

Jonce Fancher

56 Single Cab 66 Sunroof Bug 66 Variant Squareback 66 Porsche 912 71 Sunroof Bus 84 Vanagon "Gottfried" 85 Vanagon Westi 2003 10 Passenger Sprinter

Fancher's Upholstery Inc. - www.fanchers.com Not-A-VW Club- http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransont3/notavwclub/