Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:04:32 -0500
From:         Bus Fusion <busfusion@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Only 400mile to go
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@videotron.ca>

Welcome back Ben --- glad you had a great trip. I'm just outside of Toronto and we got 14 inches of snow in the last couple of days. Get out your shovel and winter boots because, as you know, Montreal gets way more snow than Toronto. How's the weather in PA? Are you driving through snow down there as well.

Cheers, Doug Alcock

On 2/8/08, Benny boy <huotb@videotron.ca> wrote: > > I'm in PA tonight (another 1200km in one day, men, when you think that i > was > in Zacatecas MX only 3 days ago), thinking about all that crasy trip, over > 9000 miles 2.5 month. I will have a lot to say soon about that trip in > general and the van that made it all happen (watch for the conclusion page > on my trip page). I am proud of what i have achieve. She was an old brown > 85 > lady, she is now a proud Red Beast (but a very dirty one right now). The > trany will be call the "kid" in the family, thank Daryl for bulding such a > piece of art. The engine, well, it's the heart (it will be called the old > gentlemen, yes, it's an older 2001 2.5L with many miles in it, still, > after > some carefull rebuilt, it fealt like new all the way!)! Thank Hans for > building such a fine piece. Shame on VW for building such a piece of junk > to > powered such a fine van. The Subi 2.5L is just an amazing engine, the way > they should be built! I was kind of stuck on I81 today between big rigs... > the heck with that, i floored the pedal and in a glimps, i was at 80mph+ > and > out of trouble (thanks to the 170+ HP). I'm not even talking about that > super reliability. Again, shame on VW. When you think that you "graft" > another engine company on an another product (yes, for the sceptic it may > still sound strange, you think that should NOT work, it's imposible!!! > it's > not meant to go there.... well believe me, it's PERFECTLY MEANT to go > there!!!) and it work 10 time better (please, don't tell me about the > generation/year of the engine, that is BS), the original builder should go > hide far away. The sound that engine produce make you feel good and think > about other stuff than the engine itself wile traveling, what a joy! In > some > remote spot in Mexico, i felt that i had that security in the back... > always > working like a clock! Like any good engine should be! For those who have > been in Mexico, think about one leg i did! Zacatecas (center of Mexico at > 8500 feets) to Houston in one day!!! 1300km. Men... it's simply amazing > that > a small camper can to that. I'm not bragging at all, i'm just an happy > camper! When i see joy! i need to tell. i need to share like i alsway did > since i built my site some years ago. Now, just so you know: I'm booked > solid until Juin (and later), i don't need customers for now... i just > wan't > to share my joy! So don't think i'm here to convince anyone about buying > my/our GREAT product! > I use the product that i work on, it is always been like that in my life. > Now, who want to come to Mexico next year??? > > In 2003, i went in Baja with a sick 1973, this trip was a nightmare. > > This was a revenge. > > Later. > Ben, back in the cold world! > http://www.benplace.com/mexico2008.htm >