Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:39:36 -0500
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: e-bay trim rings...blocked by seller!

Be very careful, this is recent phishing technique. It may not be the seller at all. Both myself and my GF have gotten these after *winning* recent auctions. Duh, we won it, so no, we're not going after the 2nd chance offer. They were not actually offers from the seller, but spoofed emails/pages. Edward

At 08:26 PM 2/11/2008, David Kao wrote: >You should report to eBay by forwarding his email which offers you >to buy off eBay. That's a violation to eBay rules. If he is caught >a few times eBay will nail him. This is especially a bad violation >when the auction is sold and the seller tried to sell to the 2nd >highest bidder and 3rd... outside of the eBay auction. It is taking >the advantage of eBay by making several sales out of one auction. >He will be punished by eBay. > >David > > > >--- Jeffrey Lubin <visionwizard@VERIZON.NET> wrote: > > > Here's my story, sad but true. > > > > Last week, I bid on a set of the following 14" wheel trim rings on ebay > > (if the link doesn't work, just go to ebay and search on vanagon trim > > rings or item #230221818471) > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-VOLKSWAGEN-VANAGON-VAN-14-TRIM-BEAUTY-WHEEL-RINGS_W0QQitemZ230221818471QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230221818471 > > > > After I was narrowly outbid and lost the auction for around $22, I > > received a second chance offer from the seller, for my final bid > > amount. I declined this offer, replying to the seller that I wasn't too > > sorry to lose at that amount, and that I'd prefer to rebid on the next > > set, because: > > 1. I had seen that other sets of his had gone for the opening bid > > amount ($9.99), and > > 2. They are available for $29.95 from GoWesty > > > (http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3433&category_id=220&category_parent_id=), > > and since I need another part from them that is not available anywhere > > else (an a/c switch) my marginal shipping costs from them would be > > almost nothing. > > > > I did not hear anything back from the seller, but last night, when I bid > > on the next set in the series, I found that the seller had blocked my > > bid! As a result, they went to another bidder for $10.50, an amount > > about half of what I was willing to pay! > > > > I'm telling you this now for two reasons: > > 1. In case anyone else wants these rings, maybe you'll have better luck > > with this seller than I did. > > 2. I'm wondering if this kind of thing has happened to anyone else > > here, and if so, if there's any recourse on my part. > > > > I've learned my lesson on one thing though: If I ever get another > > second-chance offer, I will politely decline without volunteering all of > > my reasons. > > > > > > >____________________________________________________________________________________ >Be a better friend, newshound, and >know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it >now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ