Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:49:51 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frozen accelarator cable?
Comments: To: Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>

My throttle pedal to the floor story involves the cheap a$$ rivets that hold the acc. pedal to the floor. they got loose and were causing the S link to pop off the bell crank under the van. I drilled out as needed and substitued stainless steel machine screws and slightly wider washers and nylox nuts. definitely a 2 person install, but over time that S link wearsand i need to replace mine when I do the cable. IIRC, the new cable from Bus Depot was like $14 and the S link $9. As a preventative measure, I'll replace my cable this week, even though I have a torn rear boot and no sticking symptoms since the pedal mods. And it's been darned cold here for the past 2 months(NE Iowa). I like using Triflow for the door locks and cables and similar cold sticking issues. It did wonders for the worm drives on all three of my garage door openers!!

DM&FS