Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:56:16 -0500
From:         Wesley Pegden <wes@CS.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Is this new gas saver for real?
Comments: To: Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

I tracked this down: http://www.americanrenewables.org/exh_list_and_product_search.cfm#D (Click on Dutchman Enterprises)

I really don't know what to make of it. They're claiming the hydro/oxygen thing increases mileage at least 50%, typically 100%, this is the thing that's available now. Either revolutionary or BS. Probably BS, of course....

Kenneth Wilford wrote: > Of course this has Vanagon content because all of us want to get better > fuel mileage so that we can justify keeping our beasts on the road. I > saw an ad in Popular Mechanics for a device that is supposed to > revolutionize fuel saving so I had to have a look. You can check it out > here: > http://www.preignitioncc.com/woj/ > > If you believe what they are saying then we are going to see over 100 > mpg with regular gas and our waterboxer engines! Another plus would be > never having to change the oil! It sounds to good to be true and > usually that means it is. What do you guys think? I put in a quote > request for my two Carat Vanagons just to see what would happen. They > sell two different devices. One is the PICC and the other is a small > tank that cracks water into hydrogen and oxygen and mixes it with the > intake air. The later is available now the former will not be available > until March 5th. If only it were true. > > Ken Wilford > John 3:16 > www.vanagain.com >