Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:01:18 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sure Power 1315

I'm thinking that I should make the wire run from the back seat to the starter battery as short as possible. I could go through the floor and along the frame rail and up into the battery box and do it with less than half the wire of going all the way around. Staying inside the van has its obvious advantages but if I ran it along the frame rail under the van I would sheath it in something to protect it from road debris and water. 1/2" black plastic lawn irrigation tubing makes a great sheathing material. I'll most likely ground the aux battery somewhere nearby the battery. For all the 12V stuff I plan to run off the aux battery I'll probably put a fuse block under the rear seat as well and route the radio, fridge, lights, etc back to that block and eliminate all that stuff under the driver's seat. Now all I need is a super- cheap 100 watt solar panel...