Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:01:45 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] More pictures of overhead AC & Leather Interior
              unique to T3's (Vanagons) in Thailand
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

On 2/15/08, Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com> wrote: > > Interesting. It also has a raised deck (floor). I bet they put in some > added insulation in there for noise cancellation. I really like the > overhead AC (back evaporator housing looks stock).

AC housing looks and feels like the stock Vanagon unit but is definitely made in Thailand. It has a lower profile than the US/Euro version. Material is comparable. The interesting thing are the AC ducts. They are under the headliner. There are 4 ports as you can see in the pics. each has individual blower controls. The control panel looks after market compared to the rest of the package. It's apparently some generic AC panel used by other manufacturers.

One surprising fact was Thailand's truck making capacity. I saw acres of Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan etc. trucks at our port-of-call at Laemchabang (2 hours drive to Bangkok). I assumed incorectly that they were incoming imports. They are actually destined for various parts of Asia and Europe according to my port guide. They say Thailand is second only to the US in pick-up truck production in the world.

Article here:

http://www.aflcio.org/aboutus/thisistheaflcio/ecouncil/ec03112004k.cfm

BenT