Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:52:40 +0000
From:         Matt Di Nola <m.dinola@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is this new gas saver for real?

This is a CNN Article from a few weeks back.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/23/smbusiness/detroit_auto_show.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2008012313

Check out AFS Trinity website for some amazing breakthroughs. A GM hybrid SUV that has been upgraded with "off-the-shelf" components by some Nasa scientists making the SUV achieve over 150MPG and 0-60 faster than a Porsche. Further, the sedan version is estimated to get 450 MPG. NONE of the big car companies would talk with these folks. How's that for a conspiracy theory? The cool thing is that if none of the big car companies sign up, they are going to go it alone!!!

Love to be in on their IPO!!!

Startups rev engines at Detroit auto show

Take a start-up out of Bellevue, Wash.: AFS Trinity Power Corporation. The company has developed a technology that powers most any car to a 150-mile-per-gallon range, with a 0-to-60 performance that is faster than some Porsches. Better yet, the AFS product is built from off-the-shelf technology, so nothing new need be developed.

How has the auto industry rewarded such innovation? By ignoring it.

AFS Trinity could not sell the idea as an idea. So it built a working prototype on its own dime, tested it and brought it to this show - and it still cannot get a deal done with a standing carmaker.

"We have had some very interesting inquires," says Edward Furia, the company's CEO. "But no deal at this point."

It makes me wonder: Where are the Ed Furias in my new-media business? Am I dealing with the best possible partners? Am I making innovation my friend or shunning the unknown - and possibly revolutionary - as an enemy?