Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:34:33 -0800
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bentley wiring diagram. Questions on how to read.
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

The wiring harness is either a 93 or 94. I was reading the diagrams starting at diagram 97-16

The engine itself is OBDI for sure, but could be 93-95

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > Tell me the year of the jetta and the page number again and I'll look at my > jetta Bentley, assuming I have one, which I think I do. > > Btw, there is a convention for all those numbers, like 15 is 'ignition one > voltage' ............certain relay pin numbers always mean 'power supply to > the relay'.........or 'trigger signal coming to it' and so forth. > Someone posted this list online and I printed it out - it's somewhere on > line yet. But it's handy to know what those numbers ( not current track > numbers mean ) > '1' is always ground, for example. > > Scott > www.turbovans.com > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > neil N > > Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:48 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Subject: Re: Bentley wiring diagram. Questions on how to read. > > > > Hmmm. That's what I thought. Obviously I'm missing something. > Especially re: Jetta fuel pump. It connects to 31 at top and appears > to go to a ground on another page. > > I'll keep trying. Thanks for helping. I'll get this nut cracked! > > Neil. > > > On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Mike S <mikes@flatsurface.com> wrote: > > At 09:06 PM 2/23/2008, neil N wrote... > > > > >Ok that makes sense. Thanks. I'm sure that pointer will help other > > >people! > > > > > >And the current track is ground? > > > > The current tracks are vertical. Ground is horizontal, at the bottom. > > Power is horizontal at the top. There's only 1 ground (but there are > > obviously many different places on the car where things are > > "grounded"). There are many different power sources (battery/always on, > > on with ignition, on with start, on with ignition AND start, etc.). > > Current flows from top to bottom (in the sense that it flows from > > positive voltage to ground). > > > > > > > > -- > Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco" > > http://web.mac.com/tubaneil > http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ > >