Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:48:29 -0800
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bentley wiring diagram. Questions on how to read.
Comments: To: Mike S <mikes@flatsurface.com>

Yup. I get it now.

This will really help with the conversion.

Thanks again,

Neil.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Mike S <mikes@flatsurface.com> wrote: > At 01:10 AM 2/24/2008, neil N wrote... > > >It was the track numbers at the end of certain wires at the bottom of > >the diagrams that was confusing me. Track number reference 69, is at > > >end of a wire connected to S18. But when I turn the page and look at > >the end of wire from 69, it says 57. But one ignores that and looks up > >to the fuel pump and finds 42. Find 42 at bottom of previous diagram, > >ignore what we see at the end of *that* wire (which was the extra > >ground I was seeing) and look up to > >end of the original wire from S18, and see 69. I get it. > > The track numbers are associated with the whole vertical "column," not > the end of the wire at the bottom. You're not really ignoring anything, > because the current track number isn't associated with "*that* wire," > as you describe it. The numbers in the boxes tell you where a wire > connects to...the track numbers are only a reference to where that > connection can be found (like a page number). > > >

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco"

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/