Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:35:45 +0000
From:         "John C..." <Trvlr2001@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas tank out. How to remove debris from tank? (searched)

PS: How many "Old Painters" do you know? And, if you know one, ask him, how many of his buddy's are gone...

Might be worth the 3K to have someone else do your Van painting...

I bought three compressors from sears On the west side of my shop I set one running it's hose through the wall, into a make shift blasters hood. I also wore the proper fume cartridges, under that. And, had to shave my beard ;o(

The other two compressors powered my gun. With exhaust fans (3) on the east side of shop. ( another lesson learned; have a condensation dip in the air supply line ! ) (And) the appropriate filters ! (ask me how I learned that one ;o)

It was a hassle, for sure, ( couldn't see good, & all of the hoses to keep straight! ) But I felt great afterwards!

Bad news was I still ended up with a lot of over spray from the clear coat.

Wish I would have taken it to a "real" painter, with all the bling & buzzers & down draft spray booth !!!

YMMV....

JC...

-------------- Original message -------------- From: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>