Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:50:17 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Who wants a Tornado Red Carat!?!? CHEEP!
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Scott, I have seen paint job as good as new cars. It's rare and very expensive.

My 1980 Volvo Bertone Coupe was repainted before I bought it from a Volvo dealer. A few years later one day I went to a mall and parked the Volvo outside the mall. When I came out I saw a middle aged lady stood right next to my Volvo looking at it. I said hello to her and saw that she wanted to speak with me. She asked if I own the Volvo and if I bought it from the Volvo dealer. I said yes. Then she said she owned it before I did. Wow, I ran into the PO in a parking lot. I asked her about the history about the Volvo. She then told me she had it repainted. I was shocked to realize that I did not know it was repainted. For several years I did not discover that. I could not find a trace anywhere indicating it had been repainted.

It's been about 18 years since I had the Volvo. Sadly it is not running now because of engine problem but the chassis is every bit like a 6 - 7 year old car, except the tires and rims show sign of age. The Volvo Bertone Coupe was assembled in Italy. The number of this model year imported to USA was less than a thousand. The paint job was incredibly good that it fooled me for many years. I would have agreed with you that repainting a car is most likely not going to be close to the original. But I have to say I have seen one exception.

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping