Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Mar 2008 23:41:53 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Calif 2008 emissions fuel tank pressure testing?
Comments: To: John Runberg <jrunberg@mac.com>

There are "good" inspectors and then there are "strict" inspectors. And yes, they are monitored by the State Police.

Current inspection prices in VA are $26 for the safety, and $28 (separate fee) for emissions. I just had my VW Corrado emissions tested. Came out fine (VR6, in a 93 Corrado that might have had 4 "tune-ups" in all that time....)

My Vanagons usually pass. Except for exhaust leaks (which will fail you in either inspection.) Which is why the GoldBrick is sitting on my lawn when it's safety inspection was due in December...

Still waiting on parts out of Tiico to fix up its exhaust leak.