Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Mar 2008 23:32:40 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 Electronic Idle Control valve
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@charter.net>

Hi, that sounds right to me. I expect that you can find on the wiring diagram a wire from the AC compressor or AC circuit to the Control Unit for the idle valve. Scott

-----Original Message----- From: John Rodgers [mailto:inua@charter.net] Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:27 PM To: Scott Daniel - Shazam Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 2.1 Electronic Idle Control valve

Doesn't the Stabilizer control come into play when the AC is on, as in providing a signal to the ECU to kick up the idle speed to 1500 of so when the AC is on.and the throttle is set for idle as in at a stoplight

or something.? Without it there is difficulty in keeping the engine idling when the AC is on. Engine will stall under the load of the AC.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Scott Daniel - Shazam wrote: > Electronic Idle control valves operate with a 'duty cycle' I believe.

> > It's most definitely not 'on or off' . > > And I don't like that the Control Unit for it is a 500 dollar part of some > excessive number ( $ 384.00 list ? ) > > They'll work fine with the idle valve unplugged of course - just won't have > fast idle cold. > > I haven't had time to try it, but I wonder how a good old fashioned > Auxiliary Air Valve from a 1.9 would work, to provide faster idle when cold. > > > Scott > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > John Bange > Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:11 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Calling John Bange > > > > > > >> Have you gone any further in the development of some alternative to the >> > > >> Idle Stabilizer Control for the vans. >> > > > > >> Just curious. I have control issues. >> > > > > > > Unfortunately, that project is kinda stalled on the idle valve control > > scheme. Not having any test equipment more complicated than a $40 Fluke > > multimeter, I can't figure out how to make the air valve open and close. > > IAll I know is that it's not as simple as "0v=closed, 12v=full open". Anyone > > out there know what the idle controller does with that valve? > > > > -- > > John Bange > > '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger" > > > > > >

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.4/1310 - Release Date: 3/4/2008 8:35 AM