Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Mar 2008 14:01:52 -0500
From:         Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: One more front heater question: those "other" flaps
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Neil and Jim I think you have different boxes.

Neil's is the very early style that was in air cooled vans and I'm guessing Jim's is the later model. If so, Jim there are no screws, rather they are press fit with heat can not be removed without cracking the case open and that's a bit risky considering there are no tabs.

When I did mine I just used a small screw driver popped off the black plastic pieces cut the foam and popped them back on. Yes getting to them requires smallish fingers but very doable with taking it out.

The other two sets can be taken out, just not the really large set.

JFF