Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:12:43 -0500
From:         Ryan Shawley <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Woo Hoo got my exhaust...

I was whining on here a week or so ago about my crusty rusty exhaust in neeed of replacing. Several of you emailed my privately and gave some very good advice. I decided to go OE style and stay away from S&S. I saw an ad on Craigslist for a 2.1 exhaust just after making my decision. The story goes it was on this guy's van for a few weeks and then the engine siezed, still has paint and stickers on it. He even threw in a crate of spares he had left with new brake shoes, wheel cylinders, rotor, cap, plugs, and coolant cap. Oh yeah a used fuel pump too. Really nice guy I felt bad that it came from a busted van, kinda like the guilt an organ recipient might have. The guy said he might get another van in the future out west, I hope he does. I'll have to pay pack the van-a-karma since he gave me such a good deal on this stuff. I don't plan to replace this stuff for a month or so, my sticker is good until May. I'll gladly take any pmail advice on dealing with the exhaust studs on the heads though. I don't have an acetylene torch, just modest tools. My thought was to spray em with PB blaster everyday for a week or so and rap at the nuts with a punch every day too. Again thanks for all the input for those of you who did reply. Oh yeah this guy had fantastic things to say about Ken Wilford which mirrors alot things I've already heard.

Ryan