Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:40:52 -0700
From:         Keith Hughes <keithahughes@QWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: NVC at all - computer questions

> > Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:48:55 -0500 > From: Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: NVC at all - computer questions > > Hi all, > > It's Friday, and I'm stumped on some irrelevant stuff, so I thought I'd > email you folks and see if anyone can help. > > > 2. I have a pirated copy of SPSS which I assume I can't move over to the > new machine. Does anyone know of freeware statistical packages that can do > basic work (cross tabs, comparative means, etc.) on SPSS (.sav) data files? > Hi Joy,

Not sure what all you need, but the basic stat pack I use is SPC/PI+. Targeted towards SPC, it still does all the basic ANOVA functions, scatter plots, etc. Easy to use, and at $499, it's *relatively* inexpensive. I also use Statistica, but it's a bear learn, and more expensive than SPSS is. SPC/PI+ won't read in your .sav files, but you can copy/paste data from any spreadsheet, table, or text file very easily. You can download a free trial at http://www.qualitran.com/SPC_Software/body_spc_software.html to see if it'll do what you need. Sorry, I haven't run across any freeware that does much of anything useful...the odd Excel macro here and there, but that's about it. Good luck!

Keith Hughes '87 Westy Tiico (Marvin)